How to Maximize Your Storage
- Maximize your storage space by using shelving. Use the height of your storage to your advantage.
- Leave space for a center aisle. This will allow you to have easy access to all of your items.
- Place the items you’ll need to access most often towards the front of your storage.
- Disassemble all tables, shelves and other furniture and store them on end. Mark and wrap all the pieces and attach all hardware to make re-assembly easier.
- Protect your mattresses and other furniture with pads, covers or blankets.
- Store sofas on their ends to maximize your storage space.
- Clean refrigerators, freezers, washers and dryers before storing and keep the doors slightly ajar. You can also use the space inside for extra storage of such items as blankets, towels, tablecloths and clothes.
- Leave a small space between the wall and your storage items to allow for ventilation.
- Pack your boxes and other items as close together as possible to avoid moisture accumulating between them.
- Use a high quality security lock, preferably a “disc lock”, for your unit to keep valuables safe.
- Make an inventory of your stored items and keep it in a safe place at home or in a safe deposit box.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes.
- Place your storage items on 2″ x 4″ boards or an “anti moisture product” to guard against dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold and damp.
- Use furniture with drawers to store knickknacks, china, silverware and small items. Wrap in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Store shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside one another.
Here are tips to storing books in your Chesapeake self-storage unit.
Why Eden Way Storage Center is the Best Self Storage in Chesapeake?
Eden Way Storage Center is the cleanest and safest place to store all your belongings. We offer self storage unites at competitive prices. High quality, clean and air conditioned units at the best prices make Eden Way Storage Center the best self storage in Chesapeake, VA.
Why Air Conditioning of the Storage Units is Important?
Extreme temperatures may damage your electronics, computers, leather furniture, and even documents. Keeping your belongings in a climate controlled storage unit will ensure their safety.
Does Eden Way Storage Center in Chesapeake, VA offer 24-hour Security Monitoring of the Units?
We offer a 24-hour high tech security monitoring of our Chesapeake Storage Center. Security cameras, motion detectors, gates and locks will guarantee the highest security of your self storage unit, and of everything in it.
When can I access my Chesapeake Self Storage Unit?
Our gates are open every day from 6:00 AM to 9:00 PM. You will need to enter a code to go through the gates. The code system ensures the security of the storage center by recording the times of entry. Only our customers and authorized personnel can pass through the gates.
What if I Need Assistance?
Our office is open Monday through Saturday from 8:00 AM to 6:00 PM, and from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM on Sundays. We are happy to help our customers with all their questions. Please call us at 757-413-9050.