Chesapeake Storage Center One Stop Shopping
Save Money On Boxes And Packing Supplies
- Use strong packing boxes, they are especially designed for moving and storage, when re-used boxes picked-up at a grocer are often damaged and can easily tear, also damaging your goods. We provide the boxes and packing supplies you will need at great prices.
- Seal your boxes completely with packing tape to keep the dust out.
- Use wardrobe boxes for clothing. Your garments will hang and be well-protected.
- Pack heavy objects and books in small boxes. They will be easier to lift and carry.
- Use the same size boxes as much as possible. They are much easier to stack.
- Fill all the boxes with the heaviest items on the bottom. Use wrapping paper to stuff open areas to prevent the box from collapsing when stacked.
- Use mirror boxes or wrap mirrors and pictures with bubble-wrap or paper pads. Never store mirrors or any glass items flat.
- Label your boxes on all sides. This will make the contents easy to locate.
- Wrap dishes and glassware in packing paper and place securely in dish pack boxes.
Chesapeake Storage Safety and Security
- Do not stack next to the light to prevent heat damage.
- Keep “Flashy” valuables from the direct sight of onlookers.
- Please note that it’s against the law to store materials that are HAZARDOUS or COMBUSTIBLE such as gasoline, solvents, paint, etc. Drain all remaining gasoline from lawn mowers, power tools, boats, etc.